Silver Needles tea, also known as Bai Hao Yin Zhen, is a type of white tea that is highly prized for its delicate and subtle flavor. It is made from the unopened buds of the Camellia sinensis plant, which are covered in fine white hairs, giving them a silver or white appearance.
The production process for Silver Needles tea involves carefully picking the young buds before they have fully opened and allowing them to wither and dry in the sun or in a temperature-controlled environment. This process helps to preserve the natural sweetness and floral aroma of the buds.
The resulting tea is pale yellow in color and has a light, refreshing taste with notes of honey and melon. It is also known for its high antioxidant content and potential health benefits, including reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease and promoting healthy skin.
Silver Needles tea is typically brewed using water that is just below boiling temperature, and steeped for 2-3 minutes. It is often enjoyed on its own, without milk or sugar, in order to fully appreciate its delicate flavor and aroma.
Silver Needles Tea Brewing Guide
Different countries and different people make it in different ways, we suggest you follow these guidelines for making Silver Needles so that you can get good tea results.
Qty of Tea
Take 0.5 gram to 1.05 grams of tea in a teaspoon
First, boil the tea to 65℃ – 70℃ degree temperature.
You steep in the cup of tea for a maximum of 2-3 minutes.
Place a tray over the teacup and drink hot or cold tea at the end.
Tea Tasting Notes
Silver Needles Tea Benefit
Silver Needles tea, like other types of tea, is known for its potential health benefits. Some of the benefits of drinking Silver Needles tea may include:
- High in antioxidants: Silver Needles tea is rich in antioxidants, which can help to protect the body from damage caused by free radicals. Antioxidants have been linked to a reduced risk of chronic diseases such as cancer and heart disease.
- Boosts immunity: The high levels of antioxidants found in Silver Needles tea may also help to boost the immune system, making the body better able to fight off infections and illnesses.
- Promotes healthy skin: Silver Needles tea contains compounds that have been shown to promote healthy skin, including polyphenols and catechins. These compounds may help to reduce inflammation and protect the skin from damage caused by UV radiation.
- Supports cardiovascular health: Some studies have suggested that drinking Silver Needles tea may help to reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease by lowering blood pressure, reducing cholesterol levels, and improving blood flow.
- Helps with weight management: Silver Needles tea contains caffeine, which can help to boost metabolism and promote weight loss. Additionally, it is a low-calorie beverage that can be a healthy alternative to sugary drinks.
It’s important to note that more research is needed to fully understand the potential health benefits of Silver Needles tea, and it should not be used as a substitute for medical treatment.