Jasmine tea is a type of flavored tea that is made by blending traditional green tea leaves with jasmine flowers. The tea has a delicate and floral aroma and a slightly sweet taste, which is derived from the natural oils present in the jasmine petals.
To make jasmine tea, the green tea leaves are harvested and dried, then stored until the jasmine flowers are in bloom. The fresh jasmine flowers are picked early in the morning, when the fragrance is at its strongest, and then layered over the tea leaves. The tea absorbs the aroma of the jasmine flowers over several hours, resulting in a fragrant and flavorful tea.
Jasmine tea is a popular beverage in many parts of the world, particularly in China, where it is believed to have medicinal properties. It is often enjoyed as a refreshing drink and is also used in cooking and as an ingredient in perfumes and other products.
Jasmine Tea Brewing Guide
Different countries and different people make it in different ways, we suggest you follow these guidelines for making Jasmine Tea so that you can get good tea results.
Qty of Tea
Take 1.5 gram to 2 grams of tea in a teaspoon
First, boil the tea to 80℃ – 85℃ degree temperature.
You steep in the cup of tea for a maximum of 3-4 minutes.
Place a tray over the teacup and drink hot or cold tea at the end.
Tea Tasting Notes
Jasmine Tea Price In Bangladesh
The price of jasmine tea in Bangladesh can vary depending on several factors, such as the quality of the tea, the brand, and the location where it is sold. Generally, a packet of jasmine tea containing 25-30 tea bags can cost around 350-800 Bangladeshi Taka (BDT), while loose-leaf jasmine tea can cost around 6000-19500 BDT per kilogram.
However, it’s important to note that these prices are approximate and can vary depending on the specific brand and location where you are purchasing the tea. Additionally, the price may also vary based on the season and availability of the tea. It’s always a good idea to compare prices across different brands and shops to ensure you are getting a fair price
Jasmine Tea Health Benefit
Jasmine tea has several potential health benefits, some of which are backed by scientific research. Here are a few possible benefits of drinking jasmine tea:
- Contains antioxidants: Jasmine tea contains antioxidants that may help protect the body against oxidative stress, which can contribute to the development of chronic diseases such as cancer and heart disease.
- May help reduce stress and anxiety: The aroma of jasmine flowers is believed to have a calming effect on the mind and body, and drinking jasmine tea may help reduce stress and anxiety.
- May improve digestion: Some studies suggest that jasmine tea may help improve digestion and reduce inflammation in the digestive system, potentially helping with conditions such as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
- May help boost the immune system: Jasmine tea may have immune-boosting properties, thanks to its high antioxidant content.
- May help promote heart health: Some studies suggest that drinking jasmine tea may help reduce the risk of heart disease by improving cholesterol levels and reducing inflammation in the body.
It’s important to note that while these benefits are promising, more research is needed to fully understand the potential health benefits of jasmine tea. Additionally, individual results may vary, and it’s always a good idea to speak with a healthcare provider before making any significant changes to your diet or lifestyle.